Generic Name and Formulations:
Dalbavancin 500mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for DALVANCE:
Susceptible acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
Give by IV infusion over 30 mins. CrCl ≥30mL/min or on regular hemodialysis: administer 1500mg as single dose, or 1000mg followed by 500mg one week later. Renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min) and who are not receiving regularly scheduled hemodialysis: administer 1125mg as single dose, or 750mg followed by 375mg one week later.
History of glycopeptide allergy. Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity or skin reactions occur. Risk of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea; discontinue if suspected or confirmed. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class B or C). Renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nausea, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, pruritus; ALT elevations, infusion-related reactions (eg, Red-Man Syndrome), C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder