Generic Name and Formulations:
Roflumilast 250mcg, 500mcg; tabs.
Indications for DALIRESP:
To reduce risk of COPD exacerbations in severe COPD patients with chronic bronchitis and a history of exacerbations.
Limitations Of use:
Not for the relief of acute bronchospasm. Daliresp 250mcg is a starting dose only and is not the effective dose.
Maintenance: 500mcg once daily. Initiating 250mcg once daily for 4 weeks, then increasing to 500mcg once daily thereafter may reduce the rate of discontinuation in some patients.
Moderate-to-severe liver impairment (Child-Pugh B or C).
History of depression. Suicidal ideation. Monitor for new or worsening insomnia, anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, other mood changes; reevaluate if occur. Mild liver impairment (Child-Pugh A). Monitor weight regularly; consider discontinuing if unexplained or significant weight loss occurs. Pregnancy. Labor & delivery, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant strong CYP450 inducers (eg, rifampicin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine, phenytoin): not recommended. Potentiated by CYP3A4 and CYP1A2 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin, ketoconazole, fluvoxamine, enoxacin, cimetidine), and by oral contraceptives containing gestodene + ethinyl estradiol (possible increased adverse effects).
Selective phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) inhibitor.
Diarrhea, weight loss, nausea, headache, back pain, influenza, dizziness, decreased appetite; psychiatric effects (eg, insomnia, anxiety, depression).
Tabs 250mcg—28; 500mcg—30, 90
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders