Generic Name and Formulations:
Decitabine 50mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution.
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for DACOGEN:
Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) including previously treated and untreated, de novo and secondary MDS of all French-American-British subtypes and Intermediate-1, Intermediate-2, and High-risk International Prognostic Scoring System groups.
May premedicate with antiemetics. Treat for a minimum of 4 cycles; may take longer for a complete or partial response. Regimen 1: Give by continuous IV infusion over 3 hours. 15mg/m2 every 8 hours for 3 days; repeat every 6 weeks. Regimen 2: Give by continuous IV infusion over 1 hour. 20mg/m2 once daily for 5 days; repeat every 4 weeks. Both: dose adjustment based on hematology values: see literature. Non-hematologic toxicities (eg, serum creatinine ≥2mg/dL; SGPT, total bilirubin ≥ 2 X ULN; active or uncontrolled infection): do not restart until toxicity resolved.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Obtain CBC and platelet counts before each dosing cycle and as needed. Monitor hepatic function (do baseline liver chemistries and serum creatinine). Pregnancy (Cat.D); use appropriate contraception (both men and women). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, leukopenia, fatigue, pyrexia, nausea, cough, petechiae, constipation, diarrhea, hyperglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age