Generic Name and Formulations:
Hexaminolevulinate HCl 100mg/vial; pwd for intravesical administration after reconstitution.
Indications for CYSVIEW:
For use in the cystoscopic detection of non-muscle invasive papillary cancer of the bladder among patients suspected or known to have lesion(s) on the basis of a prior cystoscopy. Use with Karl Storz D-Light C Photodynamic Diagnostic system to perform cystoscopy with the blue light setting (Mode 2) as an adjunct to the white light setting (Mode 1).
See literature. Instill 50mL into emptied bladder via a urinary catheter. Retain in bladder for 1 hour before evacuating and performing cystoscopic examination. First perform complete cystoscopic exam of entire bladder under white light, then repeat exam under blue light.
Porphyria. Gross hematuria. BCG immunotherapy or intravesical chemotherapy within the past 90 days.
Not a replacement for random bladder biopsies or other procedures used in the detection of bladder cancer or for repetitive use. Do not perform cystoscopy with blue light alone as malignant lesions can be missed unless the bladder is initially examined under white light. Presence of urine or blood may interfere with detection of tissue fluorescence. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Optical imaging agent.
Bladder spasm, dysuria, hematuria, bladder pain, procedural pain, urinary retention, headache; anaphylaxis.
Kit—1 (vial + diluent)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder