Generic Name and Formulations:
Hexaminolevulinate HCl 100mg/vial; pwd for intravesical administration after reconstitution.
Indications for CYSVIEW:
For use in the cystoscopic detection of non-muscle invasive papillary cancer of the bladder among patients suspected or known to have lesion(s) on the basis of a prior cystoscopy. Use with Karl Storz D-Light C Photodynamic Diagnostic system to perform cystoscopy with the blue light setting (Mode 2) as an adjunct to the white light setting (Mode 1).
See literature. Instill 50mL into emptied bladder via a urinary catheter. Retain in bladder for 1 hour before evacuating and performing cystoscopic examination. First perform complete cystoscopic exam of entire bladder under white light, then repeat exam under blue light.
Porphyria. Gross hematuria. BCG immunotherapy or intravesical chemotherapy within the past 90 days.
Not a replacement for random bladder biopsies or other procedures used in the detection of bladder cancer or for repetitive use. Do not perform cystoscopy with blue light alone as malignant lesions can be missed unless the bladder is initially examined under white light. Presence of urine or blood may interfere with detection of tissue fluorescence. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Optical imaging agent.
Bladder spasm, dysuria, hematuria, bladder pain, procedural pain, urinary retention, headache; anaphylaxis.
Kit—1 (vial + diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders