Generic Name and Formulations:
Tranexamic acid 100mg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Indications for CYKLOKAPRON:
Short-term use in hemophilia to reduce or prevent hemorrhage, and reduce the need for replacement therapy during and following tooth extraction.
Adults and Children:
Give by IV inj. Max injection rate: 1mL/min. Pre-extraction: 10mg/kg; post-op: 10mg/kg 3–4 times daily for 2–8 days. Renal impairment: serum creatinine 1.36–2.83mg/dL: 10mg/kg twice daily; 2.83–5.66mg/dL: 10mg/kg once daily; >5.66mg/dL: 10mg/kg every 48hrs or 5mg/kg every 24hrs.
Acquired defective color vision. Subarachnoid hemorrhage. Active intravascular clotting.
Therapy longer than several days: do ophthalmologic exam (before and during); discontinue if visual changes occur. Risk of convulsions esp. during cardiovascular surgery or inadvertent neuraxial administration. Renal insufficiency; reduce dose. History of thromboembolic disease. Disseminated intravascular coagulation. Upper urinary tract bleeding. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant Factor IX complex concentrates or Anti-inhibitor Coagulant concentrates; increased risk of thrombosis. Do not mix with solutions containing penicillin or with blood products.
Plasminogen activation inhibitor.
GI upset, allergic dermatitis, giddiness, hypotension, visual abnormalities; thromboembolic events (rare), dizziness, convulsions, anaphylaxis.
Single-dose amps (10mL)—1, 10; single-dose vials (10mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed