Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclopentolate HCl 0.5%, 1%, 2%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CYCLOGYL:
To produce mydriasis and cycloplegia.
Instill 1 or 2 drops of 0.5%, 1%, or 2% in the eye; may repeat in 5–10 minutes if necessary. Apply digital pressure to lacrimal sac for 2–3 minutes after instillation to reduce systemic absorption.
Small infants: instill 1 drop of 0.5% in the eye; apply pressure over nasolacrimal sac for 2–3 minutes, observe closely for 30 minutes. Children: instill 1 or 2 drops of 0.5%, 1%, or 2% in the eye; may repeat 5–10 minutes later with 0.5% or 1% solution if necessary; apply digital pressure to lacrimal sac for 2–3 minutes after instillation to reduce systemic absorption.
Untreated narrow-angle glaucoma or when untreated anatomically narrow angles are present.
Down's syndrome. Angle-closure glaucoma. Feeding intolerance in infants; withhold feeding for 4 hours after examination. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May interfere with antihypertensive action of carbachol, pilocarpine, ophthalmic cholinesterase inhibitors.
Ocular effects (eg, increased intraocular pressure, burning, photophobia, blurred vision, irritation, hyperemia, conjunctivitis, blepharoconjunctivitis, punctate keratitis, synechiae); CNS disturbances (esp. in children).
Soln 0.5%—15mL; 1%, 2%—2mL, 5mL, 15mL
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder