Generic Name and Formulations:
Poractant alfa (as phospholipids 80mg/mL and proteins 1mg/mL); susp for intratracheal administration; preservative-free.
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for CUROSURF:
Treatment ("rescue") of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) in premature infants.
See literature. Give by intratracheal administration through an endotracheal tube. Each dose should be administered as 2 aliquots. Inital dose of 2.5mL/kg birth weight; may give 2 more doses of 1.25mL/kg birth weight at 12-hour intervals.
Interrupt dosing if reflux of product into endotracheal tube, cyanosis, bradycardia, airway obstruction, hypoventilation, or endotracheal tube dislodgement occurs; treat; resume after stabilization. Monitor respiratory status and clinical condition frequently and carefully.
Bradycardia, hypotension, reflux of surfactant into endotracheal tube, others.
Single-use vials (1.5mL, 3mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Associated With Depression in Young Adults
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management