Generic Name and Formulations:
Poractant alfa (as phospholipids 80mg/mL and proteins 1mg/mL); susp for intratracheal administration; preservative-free.
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for CUROSURF:
Treatment ("rescue") of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) in premature infants.
See literature. Give by intratracheal administration through an endotracheal tube. Each dose should be administered as 2 aliquots. Inital dose of 2.5mL/kg birth weight; may give 2 more doses of 1.25mL/kg birth weight at 12-hour intervals.
Interrupt dosing if reflux of product into endotracheal tube, cyanosis, bradycardia, airway obstruction, hypoventilation, or endotracheal tube dislodgement occurs; treat; resume after stabilization. Monitor respiratory status and clinical condition frequently and carefully.
Bradycardia, hypotension, reflux of surfactant into endotracheal tube, others.
Single-use vials (1.5mL, 3mL)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy