Generic Name and Formulations:
Poractant alfa (as phospholipids 80mg/mL and proteins 1mg/mL); susp for intratracheal administration; preservative-free.
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for CUROSURF:
Treatment ("rescue") of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) in premature infants.
See literature. Give by intratracheal administration through an endotracheal tube. Each dose should be administered as 2 aliquots. Inital dose of 2.5mL/kg birth weight; may give 2 more doses of 1.25mL/kg birth weight at 12-hour intervals.
Interrupt dosing if reflux of product into endotracheal tube, cyanosis, bradycardia, airway obstruction, hypoventilation, or endotracheal tube dislodgement occurs; treat; resume after stabilization. Monitor respiratory status and clinical condition frequently and carefully.
Bradycardia, hypotension, reflux of surfactant into endotracheal tube, others.
Single-use vials (1.5mL, 3mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders