Cromolyn sodium Inh Soln Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cromolyn sodium 20mg/2mL; soln for inhalation.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cromolyn sodium Inh Soln:
Asthma prophylaxis. Prevention of bronchoconstriction before exposure to a known precipitant (eg, exercise).
Adults and Children:
<2 years: not recommended. ≥2 years: 20mg administered by power-operated nebulizer 4 times a day. Bronchoconstriction prevention: contents of 1 amp inhaled up to 60 minutes before precipitant.
Not for treatment of acute attack. Impaired renal or hepatic function: reduce dose. Reevaluate if no improvement after 4 weeks. Avoid abrupt cessation. Discontinue if eosinophilic pneumonia occurs. Coronary artery disease or arrhythmias (Inhaler). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Mast cell stabilizer.
Avoid use with isoproterenol during pregnancy.
Bronchospasm, throat irritation, bad taste, cough, wheezing, nasal congestion, anaphylaxis.
Formerly known under the brand name Intal.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age