Cromolyn sodium Inh Soln Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cromolyn sodium 20mg/2mL; soln for inhalation.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cromolyn sodium Inh Soln:
Asthma prophylaxis. Prevention of bronchoconstriction before exposure to a known precipitant (eg, exercise).
Adults and Children:
<2 years: not recommended. ≥2 years: 20mg administered by power-operated nebulizer 4 times a day. Bronchoconstriction prevention: contents of 1 amp inhaled up to 60 minutes before precipitant.
Not for treatment of acute attack. Impaired renal or hepatic function: reduce dose. Reevaluate if no improvement after 4 weeks. Avoid abrupt cessation. Discontinue if eosinophilic pneumonia occurs. Coronary artery disease or arrhythmias (Inhaler). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Avoid use with isoproterenol during pregnancy.
Mast cell stabilizer.
Bronchospasm, throat irritation, bad taste, cough, wheezing, nasal congestion, anaphylaxis.
Formerly known under the brand name Intal.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder