Generic Name and Formulations:
Dorzolamide HCl 2%, timolol maleate 0.5%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for COSOPT:
Open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension where β-blocker alone is inadequate.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. 1 drop twice daily.
Asthma or history of asthma. Severe COPD. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock.
Mild-to-moderate COPD or bronchospastic disease, or severe renal impairment: not recommended. Hepatic impairment. Surgery. May mask hypoglycemia or thyrotoxicosis. Myasthenia gravis. Discontinue if ocular effects occur. Soft contact lenses (remove, may reinsert 15 minutes after instillation). Discontinue at 1st sign of cardiac failure. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitors or other topical β-blockers: not recommended. May potentiate systemic β-blockers, reserpine, hypoglycemic agents, and mydriatic effects of topical epinephrine. May be potentiated by quinidine. May inhibit renal excretion of basic drugs and promote excretion of acidic drugs. May increase salicylate toxicity (acidosis). Possible conduction defects, left ventricular failure, or hypotension with calcium channel blockers, digoxin. May block epinephrine.
Carbonic anhydrase inhibitor (sulfonamide) + noncardioselective beta-blocker.
Taste perversion; ocular burning, stinging, or itching; conjunctival hyperemia, blurred vision, superficial punctate keratitis; possible systemic effects.
Cosopt—10mL; Cosopt PF—60 (single-use 0.2mL containers)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress