CORICIDIN HBP COLD & FLU OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg; tabs.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for CORICIDIN HBP COLD & FLU:
Pain, headache, fever, rhinorrhea.
2 tabs every 4–6 hours; max 12 tabs/day.
<6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 1 tab every 4–6 hours; max 5 tabs/day.
Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Liver disease. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
Analgesic + antihistamine.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of liver damage with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day. Other CNS depressants potentiated.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients