CORDRAN OINTMENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indications for CORDRAN OINTMENT:
Adults and Children:
Apply thin film to affected area 2–3 times daily.
Tape: Serum-exuding lesions. Intertrigo.
Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Avoid use near eyes. Systemic absorption increased by more potent steroids, prolonged use, use over large surface area, or use of occlusive dressings. Avoid abrupt cessation in chronic use. Occlude only if necessary; do not occlude higher potency products. Do not use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants on patients. Do not use on face, groin, or axillae. Monitor adrenal function in children if a high potency product or occlusion is used. Discontinue or reduce dose or potency if HPA axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria, or irritation occurs. Use lowest effective dose and potency (esp. in children). Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, itching, irritation, dryness, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, skin maceration, secondary infections, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria, other local effects; immunosuppression, masks infections, intracranial hypertension, HPA axis suppression (esp. in children).
Crm 0.025%—30g, 60g, 120g; Crm 0.05%—15g, 30g, 60g, 120g; Lotion—15mL, 60mL, 120mL; Oint 0.05%—15g, 30g, 60g; Tape (roll) 3in x 24in, 3in x 80in—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders