CONRAY 30 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iothalamate meglumine 300mg/mL; soln for IV infusion; organically bound iodine 141mg/mL.
Indications for CONRAY 30:
For use in IV infusion urography, contrast enhancement of computed tomographic brain images and arterial digital subtraction angiography.
IV urography: Infuse at a rate of 50mL/min. 200–300mL (4mL/kg); max 300mL. Non-neoplastic conditions: 200–300mL. Arterial digital subtraction angiography: Carotid or vertebral arteries: 3–10mL; Aortic arch: 15–30mL; Subclavian and brachial arteries: 5–15mL; Major branches of the aorta: 5–30mL; Abdominal aorta: 10–30mL. Max total dose: 250mL.
Non-neoplastic conditions: <100lbs: 4mL/kg.
Myelography. Others: see full labeling.
Not for intrathecal use. Should be administered by professional trained in use of radiopaque agents in appropriate facilities with emergency treatment readily available. Avoid in homocystinuria. Subarachnoid hemorrhage. Multiple myeloma. Pheochromocytoma. Homozygous sickle cell disease. Primary or metastatic cerebral lesions; risk of convulsions. Advanced renal disease. Combined renal and hepatic disease. Severe hypertension. CHF. Recent renal transplant. Diabetes. Diabetic nephropathy. Hyperthyroidism. Endotoxemia. Elevated body temperatures. History of asthma/allergy. Elderly. Maintain adequate hydration. Pregnancy (Cat.B - Conray 30, 60; Cat.C - Conray 43). Nursing mothers: not recommended; avoid breastfeeding for 24hrs post-procedure.
Radiopaque contrast medium.
GI upset, facial flushing, body warmth; hypersensitivity reactions, cardiovascular reactions (eg, vasodilation, flushing, venospasm), inj site reactions, neurological reactions (eg, spasm, convulsions, aphasia, syncope, coma, death), endocrine reactions (eg, hypothyroidism), headache, shaking, chills, nephropathy.
Conray 30: Bottles (150mL)—12; Conray 43: Vials (50mL)—50; Bottles (250mL)—12; Conray 60: Vials (30mL, 50mL)—50; Bottles (100mL, 150mL)—12
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder