COMBIVENT RESPIMAT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ipratropium bromide 20mcg, albuterol 100mcg (equivalent to 120mcg albuterol sulfate); per actuation; inhalation spray; CFC-free.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
Indications for COMBIVENT RESPIMAT:
COPD when a second aerosol bronchodilator is needed.
1 inh 4 times daily; max 6 inh/day.
Avoid excessive use. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm occurs. Cardiovascular disorders. Arrhythmias. Hypertension. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Seizure disorders. Sensitivity to sympthomimetic amines. Narrow angle glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Hepatic or renal disease. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Extreme caution within 2 weeks of MAOIs or tricyclic antidepressants (increased cardiovascular effects). Caution with other anticholinergics, sympathomimetics, drugs that lower serum potassium. Antagonized by beta-blockers.
Anticholinergic + beta-2 agonist.
Upper respiratory infection, nasopharyngitis, cough, bronchitis, headache, dyspnea; paradoxical bronchospasm, urinary retention, hypokalemia, hypersensitivity reactions, ocular effects.
Ipratropium bromide: renal.
Inhaler—4g (120 inh)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder