Generic Name and Formulations:
Brimonidine tartrate 0.2%, timolol (as maleate) 0.5%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for COMBIGAN:
To reduce elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) in glaucoma or ocular hypertension where adjunctive or replacement therapy is warranted.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: contraindicated. ≥2yrs: 1 drop every 12 hours.
Bronchial asthma or history of. Severe COPD. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock. Sinus bradycardia. Neonates and infants <2yrs of age.
Potential for severe respiratory or cardiac reactions. Discontinue at 1st sign of cardiac failure and before surgery. Mild to moderate COPD, bronchospastic disease: not recommended. Depression. Cerebral or coronary insufficiency. Raynaud's phenomenon. Orthostatic hypotension. Thromboangiitis obliterans. Myasthenia gravis. Renal or hepatic impairment. May mask hypoglycemia, thyrotoxicosis. Soft contact lenses (remove; may reinsert 15 minutes after instillation). Separate dosing of other oph drugs by ≥5 minutes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid other topical β-blockers. May potentiate, or be potentiated by, other CNS depressants, systemic β-blockers, reserpine, quinidine, SSRIs, other CYP2D6 inhibitors. Caution with antihypertensives, systemic β-blockers, MAOIs, tricyclics. May cause conduction defects (eg, prolonged AV conduction) with digoxin, calcium channel blockers (avoid concomitant use in impaired cardiac function). May block systemic epinephrine.
Alpha-2 agonist + noncardioselective beta-blocker.
Allergic conjunctivitis, conjunctival folliculosis, conjunctival hyperemia, pruritus, ocular burning/stinging, asthenia, corneal erosion, depression, epiphora, visual disturbance, headache, hypertension, dry mouth, somnolence, blepharitis, ocular hypersensitivity.
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder