COLYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol 3350 60g, sodium chloride 1.46g, potassium chloride 0.745g, sodium bicarbonate 1.68g, sodium sulfate 5.68g, flavor 0.851g/pack (orange, lemon lime, cherry); per liter of soln; pwd for reconstitution (add 1 flavor pack before reconstitution).
Indications for COLYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS:
Bowel cleansing before colonoscopy or barium enema exam.
After fasting for >3hrs, 240mL orally every 10mins or 20–30mL/min by NG tube until fecal discharge is clear. Usual dose 3–4L. Only clear liquids until exam.
GI obstruction or perforation. Gastric retention. Toxic colitis. Toxic megacolon. Ileus.
Severe ulcerative colitis. Impaired gag reflex. Semi- or unconsciousness. Risk of aspiration or regurgitation. Correct fluid and electrolyte abnormalities prior to initiation. Increased risk of arrhythmias (eg, history of prolonged QT, uncontrolled arrhythmias, recent MI, unstable angina, CHF or cardiomyopathy); do pre-dose and post-colonoscopy ECGs. History of seizures. Rule out GI obstruction or perforation. Maintain adequate hydration. Renal impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Isosmotic bowel cleanser.
Concomitant drugs that may increase the risk of fluid and electrolyte disturbances or adverse events. Drugs administered within 1hr of start of Colyte may not be absorbed. Increased risk of ischemic colitis with concomitant stimulant laxatives.
Nausea, abdominal fullness or bloating, cramps, vomiting, anal irritation; serious: colonic mucosal ulceration, ischemic colitis; rare: arrhythmias.
Colyte w. Flavor Packs—4L (disposable jug w. 3 flavor packs)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age