COLYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol 3350 60g, sodium chloride 1.46g, potassium chloride 0.745g, sodium bicarbonate 1.68g, sodium sulfate 5.68g, flavor 0.851g/pack (orange, lemon lime, cherry); per liter of soln; pwd for reconstitution (add 1 flavor pack before reconstitution).
Indications for COLYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS:
Bowel cleansing before colonoscopy or barium enema exam.
After fasting for >3hrs, 240mL orally every 10mins or 20–30mL/min by NG tube until fecal discharge is clear. Usual dose 3–4L. Only clear liquids until exam.
GI obstruction or perforation. Gastric retention. Toxic colitis. Toxic megacolon. Ileus.
Severe ulcerative colitis. Impaired gag reflex. Semi- or unconsciousness. Risk of aspiration or regurgitation. Correct fluid and electrolyte abnormalities prior to initiation. Increased risk of arrhythmias (eg, history of prolonged QT, uncontrolled arrhythmias, recent MI, unstable angina, CHF or cardiomyopathy); do pre-dose and post-colonoscopy ECGs. History of seizures. Rule out GI obstruction or perforation. Maintain adequate hydration. Renal impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant drugs that may increase the risk of fluid and electrolyte disturbances or adverse events. Drugs administered within 1hr of start of Colyte may not be absorbed. Increased risk of ischemic colitis with concomitant stimulant laxatives.
Isosmotic bowel cleanser.
Nausea, abdominal fullness or bloating, cramps, vomiting, anal irritation; serious: colonic mucosal ulceration, ischemic colitis; rare: arrhythmias.
Colyte w. Flavor Packs—4L (disposable jug w. 3 flavor packs); Colyte—4L (disposable jug)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder