Generic Name and Formulations:
Balsalazide disodium (prodrug of mesalamine) 750mg; caps.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for COLAZAL:
Mildly to moderately active ulcerative colitis.
May swallow whole or sprinkle capsule contents into applesauce. 2.25g 3 times daily for 8 weeks; max 12 weeks.
May swallow whole or sprinkle capsule contents into apple sauce. <5yrs: not recommended. ≥5yrs: 2.25g 3 times daily or 750mg 3 times daily; max 8 weeks.
Pyloric stenosis. Renal dysfunction. History of renal disease. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Headache, GI upset/pain, arthralgia, respiratory infection, insomnia, fatigue, anorexia, exacerbation of symptoms, pyrexia.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress