An effective and reliable screening tool is needed for cognitive impairment in SLE patients.
Patients with major depressive episodes who also have hypovitaminosis D are more prone to cognitive impairment.
A set of biomarkers is associated with cognition in male professional fighters.
In many nursing homes, individuals with dementia have potentially inappropriate medication use.
Subtle brain changes may explain why some patients with multiple sclerosis lose their ability to interpret social cues.
Anxiety and severe cognitive fatigue may contribute to problems with visual learning in patients with MS.
Serum IL-6 levels may serve as biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease.
Cognition and memory loss do not demonstrate adverse effects with evolocumab and statin therapy.
Treatment for subclinical hypothyroidism or hypothyroxinemia before 20 weeks of gestation is not associated with better cognitive outcomes in children.
A study of Romanian adoptees demonstrates that early childhood mistreatment can have a lasting psychological effect into adulthood.
A recent study found no evidence linking the presence of HCV infection with neuropsychiatric symptoms.
Cognitively normal elderly individuals who engage in specific mentally stimulating activities have a decreased risk of mild cognitive impairment.
Patients with pain and depression are more likely to have cognitive impairment.
Cognitive co-activation is associated with a significantly smaller levodopa effect on resting tremor in Parkinson's disease.
Long-term weight-loss intervention had no cognitive benefit in overweight, obese adults with diabetes.
A patient does not have to be verbal to benefit from art therapy.
Normal cognitive function is associated with a more stable weight trajectory in older women.
Cerebral microbleeds connected to cognitive impairment and stroke may be tied to Streptococcus mutans.
The American Heart Association issues a scientific statement on the possible link between chronic arterial hypertension and cognitive impairment.
The Effect of Cognitive Remediation Training on Functional Connectivity and Social Cognition in SchizophreniaOctober 13, 2016
Study provides further evidence for the effects of cognitive enhancement intervention on brain functional connectivity and cognitive performance in patients with schizophrenia.
Levodopa pill can wear off, but a powdered version can help patients during off periods.
Regular late-life volunteering is independently tied to decreased risk of cognitive impairment.
The American Heart Association issues a scientific statement on the possible link between chronic arterial hypertension and cognition.
Individuals suffering from depression, as well as persons diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy, present with dysfunction across several cognitive domains.
In 2016, an estimated 5.4 million US adults have Alzheimer disease.
Serum ghrelin levels may serve as a biomarker of executive function in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Researchers studied social cognition and social problem solving in patients with schizophrenia by employing a validated test designed to assess emotion recognition abilities.
Dr. Roger McIntyre suggests that the clinical relevance of cognitive dysfunction for any individual patient can only be adjudicated on a case-by-case basis.
Poor psychosocial functioning among individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia is associated with deficits in social cognition.
New study highlights the importance of re-experiencing symptoms, a major component of PTSD, in predicting cognitive impairment.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress