Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Outcomes of long-term CBT in community settings were previously uncertain.
Positive Family Interaction Therapy plus individual child cognitive-behavioral therapy reduces symptom severity in children with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
No prior randomized controlled trials have tested supplementing routine medication management with CBT in patients with drug-resistant depression.
Over the long term, overweight and obese patients with type 2 diabetes often regain weight lost during weight loss programs.
Cognitive therapy is a more effective treatment for social anxiety disorder than paroxetine alone and than pill placebo.
Research found that cognitive rehabilitation program could improve self-reported cognitive function through 6 months.
Sleep duration was significantly longer and there was less sleep disruption for pregnant women in the sleep enhancement training group compared with that of women in control groups.
Combined pharmacologic and behavioral treatment approaches are more beneficial than either approach alone for chronic pain conditions.
Compared with men, women diagnosed with AUD have higher rates of premature death due to alcohol abuse.
Some of the strategies to improve memory extinction aim at plasticity pathways in the brain with the use of NMDA receptor-modulating drugs, such as D-cycloserine.
Nicola Davies, PhD, suggests that a great deal of research is still required, but apps are certainly showing great promise as a means of enhancing treatment outcomes when used as an adjunct to therapy and medication.
Dr Nicola Davies explores how diagnostic recognition could facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of this serious condition.
In an email interview with Rheumatology Advisor, Louise Sharpe, PhD, spoke about the practical ramifications of her research for clinicians who treat rheumatoid arthritis.
American College of Physician researchers have released 2 recommendations for treatment of chronic insomnia disorder.
At least 50% of patients who recover from an initial episode of major depressive disorder experience at least 1 subsequent episode.
Cognitive behavioral therapy techniques improve time to resolution of depression in teens who refuse antidepressants.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Aggression in Bipolar I Disorder and Psychosis Associated With Suicide Ideation, Alcohol Abuse
- Moving Associated With Increased Risk for Psychosis in Children, Adolescents
- Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Associated With Reduction in Anxiety Symptoms
- Neuroimaging Markers of Bipolar Disorder Risk for At-Risk Youth
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated