Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor X (human) 250 IU, 500 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for COAGADEX:
In patients with Factor X deficiency: for on-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes and for perioperative management in mild hereditary Factor X deficiency.
Limitations Of use:
Not studied in perioperative management in major surgery for patients with moderate and severe hereditary Factor X deficiency.
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired Factor X Increase (IU/dL) × 0.5 (IU/kg per IU/dL). Give by IV infusion at a rate of 10mL/min; max 20mL/min. Bleeding: 25 IU/kg at first sign of bleeding; repeat every 24hrs until the bleed stops. Perioperative: Pre-op: raise plasma FX levels to 70–90 IU/dL; Post-op: repeat dose as needed to maintain FX levels at minimum of 50 IU/dL until patient is no longer at bleeding risk. All: max 60 IU/kg daily. Adjust based on response.
Monitor for development of Factor X inhibitors. Immediately discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission (eg, viruses, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease agent). Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant other Factor X-containing plasma products (eg, fresh frozen plasma, prothrombin complex concentrates).
Infusion site erythema/pain, fatigue, back pain; anaphylaxis, possible antibody formation.
Single-dose vial—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder