Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test. Contain sodium hydroxide; reagent tabs (copper reduction).
Bayer Corp, Diagnostics Div.
Indications for CLINITEST:
Detection of urine reducing sugars.
Adults and Children:
Test according to package directions. Use 2 drop test for up to 5% sugar and 5 drop test for up to 2% sugar.
Not for ingestion.
Poisonous. Causes severe burns. Do not use if tabs darken.
False (+) with penicillins, salicylates, ascorbic acid, nalidixic acid, cephalosporins, probenecid, lactose, fructose, galactose, pentoses.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age