Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as phosphate) 1%; pledgets; contains isopropyl alcohol 52%.
Stiefel Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CLINDETS:
Apply thin film twice daily.
History of regional enteritis, ulcerative or antibiotic-associated colitis.
Avoid eyes, mouth, abraded skin, mucous membranes. Atopic patients. Discontinue if significant diarrhea occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate neuromuscular blocking agents. May antagonize erythromycin.
Dryness, burning, itching, erythema, oily skin, peeling; rare: diarrhea, colitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age