Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as phosphate) 1%; pledgets; contains isopropyl alcohol 52%.
Stiefel Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CLINDETS:
Apply thin film twice daily.
History of regional enteritis, ulcerative or antibiotic-associated colitis.
Avoid eyes, mouth, abraded skin, mucous membranes. Atopic patients. Discontinue if significant diarrhea occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate neuromuscular blocking agents. May antagonize erythromycin.
Dryness, burning, itching, erythema, oily skin, peeling; rare: diarrhea, colitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders