Generic Name and Formulations:
Clindamycin (as phosphate) 1%; gel.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for CLINDAGEL:
Apply thin film once daily.
History of regional enteritis, ulcerative or antibiotic-associated colitis.
Atopic patients. Discontinue if significant diarrhea occurs. Pregnancy (Cat. B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate neuromuscular blockers. May antagonize erythromycin.
Pruritus, peeling, abdominal pain, GI disturbances, gram (–) folliculitis; rare: diarrhea, colitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children