Generic Name and Formulations:
Cladribine 1mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cladribine:
Active hairy cell leukemia.
Give by continuous IV infusion for 7 consecutive days. 0.09mg/kg per day.
See full labeling.
Delay or discontinue if neurotoxicity or renal toxicity occurs. Myelosuppression. Active infection. Renal or hepatic insufficiency. Monitor blood counts (esp. during first 4–8 weeks post-dose), renal and hepatic function. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Live attenuated vaccines: not recommended. Increased toxicity with myelosuppressive, immunosuppressive, or nephrotoxic agents.
Chlorinated purine nucleoside analog.
Severe myelosuppression (eg, neutropenia, anemia, thrombocytopenia), fever, infection, fatigue, nausea, rash, headache, inj site reactions, others; neurotoxicity, nephrotoxicity, tumor lysis syndrome (rare).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder