Generic Name and Formulations:
Methylcellulose 2g per 19g; pwd; orange flavor.
Indications for CITRUCEL:
Constipation, adjunct in diverticulosis, irritable bowel syndrome.
1 heaping tablespoonful (19g) in 8oz cold water or juice 1–3 times daily.
<6 yrs: not recommended. ≥6 yrs: ½ adult dose 1–3 times daily.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction.
Narrowed intestinal lumen. Discontinue if rectal bleeding or if no bowel movement occurs.
Reduced absorption of salicylates, digitalis, oral anticoagulants, nitrofurantoins, others.
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction.
Pwd—16oz, 24oz, 30oz; Packets (single-dose)—20; Sugar-free pwd—8.6oz, 16.9oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses