CITRUCEL SUGAR-FREE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Methylcellulose 2g per 10.2g; pwd; contains phenylalanine; orange flavor.
Indications for CITRUCEL SUGAR-FREE:
Constipation, adjunct in diverticulosis, irritable bowel syndrome.
1 rounded tablespoonful (10.2g) in 8oz of water or juice 1–3 times daily.
<6 yrs: not recommended. ≥6 yrs: ½ adult dose 1–3 times daily.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction.
Narrowed intestinal lumen. Discontinue if rectal bleeding or if no bowel movement occurs.
Reduced absorption of salicylates, digitalis, oral anticoagulants, nitrofurantoins, others.
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction.
Pwd—16oz, 24oz, 30oz; Packets (single-dose)—20; Sugar-free pwd—8.6oz, 16.9oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients