CIPRO HC OTIC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin (as HCl) 0.2%, hydrocortisone 1%; otic susp.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CIPRO HC OTIC:
Acute otitis externa.
Adults and Children:
To minimize dizziness, warm susp by holding bottle in hand for 1–2 minutes before use. <1yr: not recommended. ≥1yr: 3 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 7 days.
Perforated tympanic membrane. Viral otic infections (eg, varicella, herpes simplex).
Discontinue at 1st sign of a skin rash or any other hypersensitivity reactions occur. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week. Latex allergy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antibiotic (quinolone) + steroid.
Susp—10mL (w. dropper)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder