CIPRO HC OTIC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin (as HCl) 0.2%, hydrocortisone 1%; otic susp.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CIPRO HC OTIC:
Acute otitis externa.
Adults and Children:
To minimize dizziness, warm susp by holding bottle in hand for 1–2 minutes before use. <1yr: not recommended. ≥1yr: 3 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 7 days.
Perforated tympanic membrane. Viral otic infections (eg, varicella, herpes simplex).
Discontinue at 1st sign of a skin rash or any other hypersensitivity reactions occur. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week. Latex allergy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antibiotic (quinolone) + steroid.
Susp—10mL (w. dropper)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses