Generic Name and Formulations:
Reslizumab 100mg/10mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for CINQAIR:
As add-on maintenance treatment of severe asthma in patients ≥18yrs old, and with an eosinophilic phenotype.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating other eosinophilic conditions. Not for relief of acute bronchospasm or status asthmaticus.
Give by IV infusion over 20–50mins. ≥18yrs: 3mg/kg once every 4 weeks.
<18yrs: not established.
Should be administered by healthcare provider prepared to manage anaphylaxis. Observe patient for a period of time post-infusion; discontinue immediately if severe systemic reactions or anaphylaxis occur. Not for treating acute asthma symptoms or exacerbations. Treat pre-existing helminth infections before initiating therapy; discontinue Cinqair if treatment-resistant infection occurs while on therapy until resolves. Avoid abrupt cessation of systemic or inhaled corticosteroids upon Cinqair initiation; reduce dose gradually if appropriate. Reduction may be associated with systemic withdrawal symptoms and/or unmask previously suppressed conditions. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Oropharyngeal pain, elevated CPK, myalgia; anaphylaxis, malignancy.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?