Most Recent Articles by Cindy Lampner, MSLIS
The Lancet Commission, "Improving Physical Health Outcomes in People With Mental Illness, will launch in August 2019 with a goal summarizing recent advances, identifying high-priority areas, and presenting updated recommendations regarding physical health inequalities in patients with mental illness.
Eligibility criteria employed in clinical trials assessing pharmacologic treatment of bipolar disorder typically preclude many affected patients, casting doubt about the generalizability of their results.
Rapid onset of antidepressant effects, mild and infrequent adverse effects, and cost-effectiveness position light therapy as an alternative to pharmacologic treatments for depression.
Despite concerns that the digital revolution in psychiatry might lessen the importance of interpersonal relationships between patient and clinician, digital apps have the potential to make the therapeutic alliance even more powerful.
Functional restoration is a multimodal approach to chronic pain and depression, and includes psychoeducation about pain, biofeedback, mindfulness training, physical and occupational therapy, and detoxification of narcotics.
More Articles by Cindy Lampner, MSLIS
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Color Vision Impairment in Schizophrenia May Be Due to Medication
- Sleep Disorders Linked to Nonaffective Psychosis in Young Adults
- Lithium May Treat Children With Bipolar Disorder, but Pediatric Studies Are Lacking
- Improvement in Guidelines for Monitoring Patients Receiving Lithium Essential
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Associations Among Gender Nonconformity, Mental Distress, and Substance Use Among High School Students
- Digital Cognitive Therapy Eases Daytime Effects of Insomnia
- Predicting Poststroke Depression: Biomarkers and Beyond
- Sexual Harassment, Assault Tied to Women's Health Issues
- Daily Drinking Associated With Increased Mortality Risk