CILOXAN OPH OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciprofloxacin (as HCl) 0.3%.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CILOXAN OPH OINT:
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not established. ≥2yrs: ½ inch into conjunctival sac 3 times daily for 2 days, then twice daily for next 5 days.
CNS or convulsive disorders. Discontinue if rash occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May increase theophylline levels. May potentiate oral anticoagulants. May increase renal toxicity with cyclosporine.
Soln: Burning, crystalline precipitates, lid margin crusting, scales, foreign body sensation, pruritus, conjunctival hyperemia, bad taste. Oint: ocular discomfort, blurred vision; may delay corneal healing. Both: superinfection.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- TMS Device Cleared to Treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Disaster Preparedness 101: Physician Resources for Patients
- Adverse Events Caused by Once-Monthly Aripiprazole Are Time Limited
- Does Prenatal Tdap Vaccination Increase Autism Risk in Offspring?