Chorionic gonadotropin Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chorionic gonadotropin 5000Units/10mL, 10000Units/10mL; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution; contains benzyl alcohol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Chorionic gonadotropin:
Ovulation induction in women with secondary ovarian failure who have been pretreated with human gonadotropins.
5000–10000 Units IM one day after last dose of gonadotropins.
Androgen- or estrogen-dependent neoplasm. Ovarian enlargement and overstimulation while on gonadotropin therapy. Primary ovarian failure.
Cardiac or renal disease. Epilepsy. Migraine. Asthma. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Ovarian hyperstimulation or enlargement, ascites, pleural effusion, ovarian cyst rupture, multiple births, arterial thromboembolism, headache, irritability, restlessness, depression, fatigue, edema, gynecomastia, local reactions.
Formerly known under the brand name Novarel.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses