CHILDREN'S TYLENOL SUSP OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 160mg/5mL; cherry, grape, or bubble-gum flavor; alcohol-free.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S TYLENOL SUSP:
Minor aches and pain. Fever.
Use appropriate formulation and give every 4 hours. 6–11lbs: 40mg. 12–17lbs: 80mg. 18–23lbs: 120mg. 24–35lbs: 160mg. 36–47lbs: 240mg. 48–59lbs: 320mg. 60–71lbs: 400mg. 72–95lbs: 480mg. ≥96lbs: 640mg. Max 5 doses/day.
Hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Rash; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Susp—2oz (cherry), 4oz (all); Soft-Chews—30, 60 (all), 96 (fruit); Junior chew tabs—24
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Opioid Dependence
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients