CHILDREN'S TYLENOL PLUS MULTI-SYMPTOM COLD OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 160mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, dextromethorphan HBr 5mg, phenylephrine HCl 2.5mg; per 5mL; susp; grape flavor.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S TYLENOL PLUS MULTI-SYMPTOM COLD:
Nasal congestion, rhinorrhea, sore throat, cough, headache, fever, minor aches and pains.
<4yrs (<36lbs): do not use. 4–5yrs (36lbs–47lbs): not recommended. 6–11yrs (48–95lbs): 10mL every 4 hours as needed; max 5 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs (<36lbs). During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Diabetes. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Analgesic + antihistamine + antitussive + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, excitability, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders