CHILDREN'S PEPTO OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcium carbonate 400mg; chew tabs; sodium-free; bubblegum or watermelon flavors.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for CHILDREN'S PEPTO:
Heartburn, acid indigestion, upset or sour stomach.
Use other forms.
<24lbs (<2yrs): not recommended. 24–47lbs (2–5yrs): chew 1 tab as needed; max 3 tabs/24hrs for 2 weeks. 48–95lbs (6–11yrs): chew 2 tabs as needed; max 6 tabs/24hrs for 2 weeks.
Reduces absorption of tetracyclines, possibly other drugs.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses