CHILDREN'S MUCINEX OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Guaifenesin 100mg; per 5mL; grape flavor; alcohol free; contains sodium 3mg.
Indications for CHILDREN'S MUCINEX:
<4yrs: do not use. 4–5yrs: 2.5–5mL every 4 hours. 6–11yrs: 5–10mL every 4 hours. Max 6 doses/day.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers. Mini-Melts: Renal disease. Magnesium-restricted diet.
GI upset, drowsiness, headache, rash.
Tabs 600mg, Max Strength (YES); Pkts, Soln (NO)
Tabs 600mg—20, 40, 100, 500; Max Strength—14, 28; Pkts—12; Soln—4oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children