CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP NIGHTTIME COLD & CONGESTION OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphenhydramine HCl 6.25mg, phenylephrine HCl 2.5mg; per 5mL; syrup; grape-flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 4mg/5mL.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S DIMETAPP NIGHTTIME COLD & CONGESTION:
Nasal congestion, rhinorrhea, allergy symptoms.
20mL every 4 hours; max 6 doses/24 hours.
<6yrs: do not use. 6–11yrs: 10mL every 4 hours; max 6 doses/24 hours.
Children <6yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other diphenhydramine products (including topicals). For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Avoid alcohol. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Syrup—4oz (w. dosing cup)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder