CHILDREN'S CLARITIN CHEWABLES OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Loratadine 5mg; chew tabs; grape flavor; contains phenylalanine 1.4mg/tab.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for CHILDREN'S CLARITIN CHEWABLES:
Allergic rhinitis (seasonal).
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. 2–5yrs: 5mg once daily. ≥6yrs: 10mg once daily or 5mg twice daily. Hepatic or renal insufficiency: see literature. RediTabs: dissolve on tongue; swallow with or without water. Liqui-Gels: swallow whole.
Hives Relief: not a substitute for epinephrine. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Adults: headache, somnolence, fatigue, dry mouth. Children: nervousness, wheezing, hyperkinesia, abdominal pain, conjunctivitis, dysphonia, malaise, upper respiratory infections.
Tabs—10, 20, 30; RediTabs 24-Hour—10, 20; RediTabs 12-Hour—10, 30; Liqui-Gels—10, 24, 40; Chewables—5, 10; Syrup—4oz; Hives Relief—10, 30
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses