CHILDREN'S CLARITIN CHEWABLES OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Loratadine 5mg; chew tabs; grape flavor; contains phenylalanine 1.4mg/tab.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for CHILDREN'S CLARITIN CHEWABLES:
Allergic rhinitis (seasonal).
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. 2–5yrs: 5mg once daily. ≥6yrs: 10mg once daily or 5mg twice daily. Hepatic or renal insufficiency: see literature. RediTabs: dissolve on tongue; swallow with or without water. Liqui-Gels: swallow whole.
Hives Relief: not a substitute for epinephrine. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Adults: headache, somnolence, fatigue, dry mouth. Children: nervousness, wheezing, hyperkinesia, abdominal pain, conjunctivitis, dysphonia, malaise, upper respiratory infections.
Tabs—10, 20, 30; RediTabs 24-Hour—10, 20; RediTabs 12-Hour—10, 30; Liqui-Gels—10, 24, 40; Chewables—5, 10; Syrup—4oz; Hives Relief—10, 30
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed