CHILDREN'S BENADRYL-D ALLERGY/SINUS LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphenhydramine HCl 12.5mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; per 5mL; alcohol- and sugar-free; grape flavor; contains sodium 13mg/5mL.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for CHILDREN'S BENADRYL-D ALLERGY/SINUS LIQUID:
Rhinorrhea and congestion.
10mL every 4hrs.
<6yrs: individualize. 6–11yrs: 5mL. Repeat every 4hrs as needed.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant diphenhydramine products (including topicals).
Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Diabetes. Thyroid disease. Sodium-restricted diet.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Alcohol, other CNS depressants potentiated. Guanethidine, other antihypertensives antagonized.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, dizziness, nervousness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder