American Psychiatric Association data reveal that between 3% and 7% of U.S. school age children have some form of ADHD. Read more about the disorder and recommended treatments in this slideshow.
Latest in Child/Adolescent Psychiatry
Researchers identified 5 nonmedical themes that affect the decision to conduct predictive genetic testing for psychiatric conditions.
The use of atypical antipsychotics can be reduced with the implementation of a peer review prior authorization policy.
In children with congenital hypothyroidism behavioral problems can be mitigated through appropriate levels of treatment during infancy.
The FDA has granted Orphan Drug Designation to Valbenazine.
Adolescents don't realize that Adderall is an amphetamine.
Greater opportunities for risk and challenge were associated with fewer reports of bullying to adults.
Treatment with CBT and amitriptyline led to greater improvements in youth with chronic migraine.
Lack of medical coverage was cited as a reason adolescent and young adult cancer survivors avoid mental health treatment.
A significant gender effect was observed in the cohort, but the mechanism behind it remains unclear.
The decline was seen across all socioeconomic strata.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anhedonia and Suicidal Ideation Linked Independent of Major Affective Disorders
- Rarity of Late-Onset ADHD: Symptoms Linked to Other Causes
- Cognitive Insight Impairment May Precede Neurocognitive Decline in Schizophrenia
- Trump Administration Provides the CDC With a List of Banned Words, Phrases
- Expert Perspective: Link Between Depression and Mortality in Cancer Patients
- Amber Lenses Before Bed Improve Insomnia Symptoms
- Pregnancy and Bipolar Disorder: Expert Interview With Leena Mittal, MD
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence May Mediate Future Hypomania
- Lurasidone Monotherapy Safe, Efficacious in Children, Adolescents With Bipolar Depression
- Sleep Disruption May Lead to Increased Beta Amyloid Production
- Examining Duration of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Sessions for Depression
- Pretreatment Functioning Associated With Anxiolytic Efficacy of Vortioxetine
- AAN Issues New Guidelines for Treatment of Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Quality Improvement Intervention Improves Documentation of Geriatric Transitions in Care
- Sexual Harassment: Response to a National Crisis