Child And Adolescent Psychiatry
The complexities and ambiguities associated with reporting suspected cases of child abuse can contribute to confusion and the potential for harm.
In pediatric patients with bipolar I depression, long-term treatment with lurasidone 20 mg/day is effective in reducing depressive symptoms.
If replicated, the novel findings in this study may have important implications for assessing sluggish cognitive tempo in ADHD.
Investigators sought to determine early warning signs in elementary school children to predict the development of MDD.
Investigators sought to determine the risk for developing secondary ADHD 5 to 10 years after traumatic brain injury in children and adolescents.
Adolescents with anxiety, mood, neurodevelopmental, sleep, and nonopioid substance use disorders and most mental health treatments were significantly more likely to receive opioids.
Study participants received either management as usual or multisystemic therapy for moderate-to-severe antisocial behavior.
Multiple treatment failure in children with first-episode psychosis was more common among patients with comorbid autism spectrum disorders.
Obsessive compulsive disorder was shown to be associated with reduced academic achievement.
Cerebral morphometric alterations can differentiate between children with ADHD and controls.
There are distinct treatment trajectories which have different health outcomes for depressed youth.
Non medical use of prescription drugs is linked with dating violence victimization among high school students.
Depersonalizing may help a lot of struggling parents understand the severity of an eating disorder.
Research has shown psychotic experiences to be associated with subsequent suicidal thoughts and behaviors, particularly in children younger than 12.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- Suicide Attempts Associated With Sleep and Circadian Rhythm Disturbances in Bipolar Disorder
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- Probiotics, Depression, and the Role of Inflammation
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Should Physicians Play a Role in Minimizing the Societal Cost of Medical Care?
- Digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Effective for Individuals With Insomnia
- How Do Medical Scribes Reduce EHR Documentation Burden for Physicians?