Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Researchers found a positive association between paternal and adolescent depressive symptoms.
Adolescents with depression do not have more densely connected networks.
Siblings with prenatal exposure to glucocorticoids were also compared with siblings with no exposure.
Multivitamin supplementation during pregnancy is tied to a reduced risk of autism spectrum disorder with intellectual disability.
Type 2 diabetes is greater with second-generation antipsychotics than with non-second-generation antipsychotic psychotropic medications for patients aged 6 to 25 years.
Combination treatment may provide relief from the distinctive symptoms of severe, recurrent temper outbursts and persistent irritability.
Recent changes in our understanding of autism are driving advances in diagnosis, evidence-based treatment, and ultimately patient outcomes.
Siblings of children with disabilities may experience a "wide range of emotions.
Depression severity was inversely associated, prospectively, with body mass index (BMI), fat mass index, and lean BMI z scores.
Individual psychotherapy is a recommended treatment for anxiety in children and adolescents with migraine.
Mental health and behavioral screenings should be routine part of care for pediatric patients with diabetes.
Children with ASD do not benefit from the use of nutritional supplements or dietary therapies for children with ASD, according to researchers.
As a result of impaired coronary distensibility index, individuals with adverse childhood experience may have a greater risk for MACE.
Children with celiac disease are at a 1.4-fold increased risk for psychiatric disorders.
Planning for transitioning from pediatric care to adult care beings when the patients is a child or adolescent.
Cardiac safety is integral to child and adolescent antipsychotic therapy.
Childhood emotional abuse may directly lead to the development of migraine in young adults.
Incidence rate ratios were more increased for parental diagnoses of antisocial personality, cannabis use, and parental suicide attempt.
Children and teens who used stimulants for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder had lower bone mineral content and bone density than nonusers.
National Suicide Prevention Week, September 5 - 11, 2016
Investigators examined functional connectivity between the amygdala and the mPFC, bilateral temporal lobe, striatum, thalamus, cingulate cortex, and cerebellum in children diagnosed with autism and age-matched control participants.
Maternal tobacco smoking during pregnancy has previously been linked with numerous long-term neurodevelopmental abnormalities and child behavioral problems.
Investigators used decomposition methods to examine the relative importance of genetic and environmental components to the burden of ADHD.
These findings are important, as CDC rank alcohol-attributable mortality as the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States.
Investigators developed a test [The Test of Playfulness (ToP)] in order to examine children's play skills in peer-to-peer play interactions.
So far, the clinical presentation of psychosis in childhood and adolescence has only been examined in a small number of studies which are limited by small sample sizes.
Marijuana-laced candy and baked goods are attractive to children, increasing calls to poison centers.
Childhood is a critical developmental period in the brain's response to traumatic stress such as family adversity.
Genetic risk for psychosis influences reward processing in healthy adolescents.
Early life trauma interacts with FKBP5 genotype to predict heavy alcohol consumption in college students.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anhedonia and Suicidal Ideation Linked Independent of Major Affective Disorders
- Rarity of Late-Onset ADHD: Symptoms Linked to Other Causes
- Cognitive Insight Impairment May Precede Neurocognitive Decline in Schizophrenia
- Trump Administration Provides the CDC With a List of Banned Words, Phrases
- Expert Perspective: Link Between Depression and Mortality in Cancer Patients
- Amber Lenses Before Bed Improve Insomnia Symptoms
- Pregnancy and Bipolar Disorder: Expert Interview With Leena Mittal, MD
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence May Mediate Future Hypomania
- Lurasidone Monotherapy Safe, Efficacious in Children, Adolescents With Bipolar Depression
- Sleep Disruption May Lead to Increased Beta Amyloid Production
- Examining Duration of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Sessions for Depression
- Pretreatment Functioning Associated With Anxiolytic Efficacy of Vortioxetine
- AAN Issues New Guidelines for Treatment of Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Quality Improvement Intervention Improves Documentation of Geriatric Transitions in Care
- Sexual Harassment: Response to a National Crisis