Generic Name and Formulations:
Dinoprostone 10mg; controlled-release vaginal insert w. retrieval system.
Indications for CERVIDIL:
Cervical ripening in patients at or near term when there is an indication for labor induction.
Fetal distress where delivery is not imminent. Unexplained vaginal bleeding. Presence or suspicion of cephalopelvic disproportion. Where oxytocics or prolonged uterine contractions are inappropriate, including previous cesarean section, major uterine surgery. Multipara with ≥6 previous term pregnancies. Concomitant oxytocics. Remove insert if uterine hyperstimulation, labor, sustained uterine contractions, or other fetal/maternal adverse reactions occur and prior to amniotomy.
For hospital use when appropriate obstetric care is present. Ruptured membranes. Non-vertex, non-singleton presentation. Previous uterine hypertony. Glaucoma. History of childhood asthma. Monitor uterine activity, fetal status, cervical dilatation/effacement. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Potentiates oxytocics; delay administration of oxytocics at least 30 minutes after removal of insert.
Uterine hyperstimulation, fetal distress.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age