Generic Name and Formulations:
Imiglucerase 200 Units, 400 Units; per vial; pwd; for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for CEREZYME:
For long-term enzyme replacement therapy in patients with confirmed Type 1 Gaucher disease that results in one or more of the following conditions: 1) anemia; 2) thrombocytopenia; 3) bone disease; 4) hepatomegaly or splenomegaly.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: Give by IV infusion over 1–2 hours. Individualize. Initial dose range: 2.5 Units/kg 3 times a week to 60 Units/kg once every 2 weeks.
Monitor periodically for IgG antibody formation during the first year. Patients previously treated with Ceredase (alglucerase inj) who have developed antibody or hypersensitivity to Ceredase. Monitor for pulmonary hypertension, pneumonia. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
GI upset, abdominal pain, rash, pruritus, fatigue, headache, fever, dizziness, chills, backache, tachycardia, inj site reactions, hypersensitivity. Also children: dyspnea, flushing, coughing,
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder