Generic Name and Formulations:
Imiglucerase 200 Units, 400 Units; per vial; pwd; for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for CEREZYME:
For long-term enzyme replacement therapy in patients with confirmed Type 1 Gaucher disease that results in one or more of the following conditions: 1) anemia; 2) thrombocytopenia; 3) bone disease; 4) hepatomegaly or splenomegaly.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: Give by IV infusion over 1–2 hours. Individualize. Initial dose range: 2.5 Units/kg 3 times a week to 60 Units/kg once every 2 weeks.
Monitor periodically for IgG antibody formation during the first year. Patients previously treated with Ceredase (alglucerase inj) who have developed antibody or hypersensitivity to Ceredase. Monitor for pulmonary hypertension, pneumonia. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
GI upset, abdominal pain, rash, pruritus, fatigue, headache, fever, dizziness, chills, backache, tachycardia, inj site reactions, hypersensitivity. Also children: dyspnea, flushing, coughing,
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders