CERALYTE 90 OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rice syrup solids 40g, sodium 90mEq, potassium 20mEq, chloride 80mEq, citrate 30mEq, Calories 160; per liter; pwd; natural or lemon flavor.
Cera Products Inc.
Indications for CERALYTE 90:
Oral fluid and electrolyte replacement in mild (CeraLyte 50) to moderate (CeraLyte 70, CeraLyte 90) diarrhea.
Adults and Children:
Take with food. Mix powder as directed per packet. Drink sufficient volume to replace fluid lost. Continue until diarrhea stops.
As sole therapy in severe diarrhea. Intractable vomiting. Adynamic ileus. Intestinal obstruction. Perforated bowel. Anuria. Oliguria. Impaired homeostatic mechanisms.
Avoid sugary food/fruit drinks, colas.
Fluid & electrolyte replacement.
Pwd packets: 10g (for 200mL)—24; 50g (for 1L)—12; Ready-to-Drink (11oz)—4
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Mood Stabilizers Associated With Increased Risk for Stroke in Bipolar Disorder
- Patients With Schizophrenia May Benefit From Occupational Therapy
- FDA Committees Vote on Opioid System Modulator for MDD Treatment
- Minocycline vs Routine Care for Clinical Symptom Improvement in Schizophrenia
- Temperament Traits May Predict Treatment Outcomes Depression
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Opioid Use Often Persists in Workers' Compensation Claimants
- Parental Mental Disorders Linked to Work Disabilities in Offspring
- Insomnia in Borderline Personality Disorder May Increase Suicide Risk
- Mortality Rates in Parkinson Disease Psychosis With Pimavanserin, Quetiapine