Generic Name and Formulations:
Mupirocin 2%; oint.
Medimetriks Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for CENTANY:
Impetigo due to S. pyogenes or S. aureus.
Adults and Children:
<2 months: not recommended. ≥2 months: Apply small amount 3 times daily. May cover with gauze dressing. Reevaluate if no response within 3–5 days.
Avoid eyes. Discontinue if irritation or sensitization occurs. Prolonged use may result in superinfection. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, pruritus, dermatitis, furunculosis, rash.
Oint—15g, 30g; Kit—1 (oint 2% [30g] + gauze pads )
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Panel Recommends Earlier Body Weight Monitoring in Use of Mood Stabilizers
- Nondaily Cigarette Use Increasing Among Individuals With Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders
- Cesarean Delivery, Early Childhood Antibiotic Use Not Associated With Risk for ADHD
- Uncertainty as a Form of Violence: Current Immigration Policy and Crisis
- FDA Gets Tough on Juul, Other Electronic Cigarette Makers