CBT and pharmacotherapy are effective treatments for anxiety disorders in children and adolescents younger than 18.
Patients with depression can benefit from online cognitive behavior therapy programs.
Insomnia for survivors of breast cancer was improved using ai chi chih as cognitive behavioral therapy.
CBT is effective in patients with bipolar disorder in decreasing the relapse rate and improving symptoms of depression and mania severity.
Patients matched to their preferred treatment were more likely to complete the trial but not more likely to achieve depression remission.
Sleep duration was significantly longer and there was less sleep disruption for pregnant women in the sleep enhancement training group compared with that of women in control groups.
Compared with men, women diagnosed with AUD have higher rates of premature death due to alcohol abuse.
Some of the strategies to improve memory extinction aim at plasticity pathways in the brain with the use of NMDA receptor-modulating drugs, such as D-cycloserine.
Screening of all adults is recommended regardless of risk factors.
Nicola Davies, PhD, suggests that a great deal of research is still required, but apps are certainly showing great promise as a means of enhancing treatment outcomes when used as an adjunct to therapy and medication.
In an email interview with Rheumatology Advisor, Louise Sharpe, PhD, spoke about the practical ramifications of her research for clinicians who treat rheumatoid arthritis.
Cognitive behavioral therapy techniques improve time to resolution of depression in teens who refuse antidepressants.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- Prevalence of Schizophrenia in Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes
- Daily Drinking Associated With Increased Mortality Risk
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Should Physicians Play a Role in Minimizing the Societal Cost of Medical Care?
- Digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Effective for Individuals With Insomnia
- How Do Medical Scribes Reduce EHR Documentation Burden for Physicians?