Generic Name and Formulations:
Bicalutamide 50mg; tabs.
Indications for CASODEX:
In combination with luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) analogue in stage D2 metastatic prostate carcinoma.
Take at the same time each day. 50mg daily. Start treatment at same time as starting LHRH analogue.
Moderate to severe hepatic impairment. Monitor prostate specific antigen and hepatic function (discontinue if ALT >2xULN or if jaundice occurs). Males with female partners of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during therapy and for 130 days after final dose. Nursing mothers.
Monitor oral anticoagulants.
Hot flashes, gynecomastia, breast pain, diarrhea, pain, asthenia, infection, dyspnea, impotence, loss of libido, others (see full labeling); rare: hepatitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Associated With Depression in Young Adults
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management