CARDURA XL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxazosin (as mesylate) 4mg, 8mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for CARDURA XL:
Swallow whole. Take w. breakfast. Initially 4mg once daily; may titrate after 3–4 weeks to max 8mg/day. If therapy is stopped for several days, restart at 4mg once daily. Switching from Cardura to Cardura XL: initially 4mg once daily; do not take final evening dose of Cardura. Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors: initiate at lowest dose.
Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Mild or moderate hepatic impairment. Syncope. Symptomatic hypotension. Exclude prostate cancer. Severe GI narrowing. Coronary insufficiency; discontinue if angina pectoris appears or worsen. Cataract surgery (intraoperative floppy iris syndrome possible). Elderly. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not indicated for females.
Caution with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, atanazavir, clarithromycin, indinavir, ketoconazole, itraconazole, nefazodone, others). Additive hypotension with concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors.
Headache, dizziness, asthenia, hypotension, dyspnea, postural hypotension, somnolence, respiratory or urinary tract infections; rare: priapism.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?