Generic Name and Formulations:
Mepenzolate bromide 25mg; tabs; contains tartrazine.
Indications for CANTIL:
Adjunct in peptic ulcer.
Use lowest effective dose. 1–2 tabs 4 times a day with meals and at bedtime.
Glaucoma. GU or GI obstruction (eg, pyloroduodenal stenosis, achalasia). Paralytic ileus. Intestinal atony of the elderly or debilitated. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute GI hemorrhage. Toxic megacolon. Complicated ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
Autonomic neuropathy. Hepatic or renal disease. Ulcerative colitis. Hiatal hernia with reflux esophagitis. Coronary heart disease. CHF. Cardiac arrhythmias. Tachycardia. Hypertension. Prostatic hypertrophy. Hyperthyroidism. High environmental temperature. Aspirin sensitivity. Delayed gastric emptying time. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Additive anticholinergic effects with amantadine, class I antiarrhythmics (eg, quinidine), antihistamines, phenothiazines, benzodiazepines, MAOIs, narcotic analgesics (eg, meperidine), nitrates, nitrites, sympathomimetic agents, tricyclics, and other anticholinergics. Antagonizes antiglaucoma agents. May antagonize metoclopramide. May affect absorption of digoxin. Antacids may inhibit absorption; avoid.
Nausea, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, mental confusion, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, blurred vision, urticaria, tachycardia, urinary retention or hesitancy, decreased sweating, insomnia.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments