The crystal structure may provide inspiration for designing drugs that refine efficacy and avoid adverse events.
Researchers find heavy users have lower bone density than cigarette smokers.
Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the main psychoactive chemical ingredient in cannabis.
One minute of exposure impaired endothelial function in rats for at least 90 minutes.
Marijuana-laced candy and baked goods are attractive to children, increasing calls to poison centers.
The increased use of synthetic cannabinoids presents a serious public health threat.
Alterations in reward processing may increase users' risk of continued drug use and subsequent addiction.
Chronic and severe cannabis-dependence is associated with deficits in striatal dopamine release.
Marijuana use is associated with development of various neuropsychiatric conditions such as schizophrenia, anxiety, and depression.
Cannabis use disorder (CUD) is currently the most widely reported illegal substance use disorder.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sleep Disorders: How to Manage Headaches in Patients?
- Anxiety and ADHD in Patients With Single-Ventricle Congenital Heart Disease
- Alcohol Use Disorder Diagnosis Stable From DSM-IV to DSM-5
- Opioid Cravings Reduced by Medication from ER Visits
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Patients With HCV Cured of Infection
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis
- Benzodiazepines Increase Stroke Risk in Alzheimer's