Generic Name and Formulations:
Norethindrone 0.35mg (28 tabs).
Mayne Pharma US
Indications for CAMILA:
Continuous regimen: 1 tab daily.
Breast carcinoma. Undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding. Liver tumors. Acute liver disease. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Cigarette smoking. Do physical exams at least annually. Discontinue if migraine or other serious headaches occur. Use back-up contraception for 48hrs if taken 3hrs or more late. Nursing mothers: if not exclusively breastfeeding may start 3 weeks after delivery; if fully breastfeeding may start 6 weeks after delivery.
Antagonized by hepatic enzyme-inducing drugs (eg, phenobarbital, rifampin).
Menstrual irregularities, frequent or irregular bleeding, mastodynia, headache, nausea, dizziness; androgenic effects (rare).
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV